Friday, September 15, 2006

Kinara (at Holland Village)

Last night, my DH and I invited another couple for dinner. We decided on Kinara at Holland Village, and found that it was this couple's introduction to Indian food... Especially Indian vegetarian food.

It was a DISASTER!!

We ordered pakora as starters... when the food came, there was no sign of the pakora! We cancelled it, as it was just something to eat before we got our dinner.

As we started digging into the food, I realised, to my horror, that the dishes were full of onion. Yes, there were more onions than anything else. For example, the okra dish was so full of onions we probably got something like 3 little pieces of okra each.

What's more, all the dishes looked absolutely soaked in oil!

Later, I got the chance to try the yellow dhal we ordered... eew! it tasted like eating melted butter with some dhal flavor!

In the end, there was food leftover, and though we were not exactly full, none of us wanted to eat any more.

And it is not like this is a cheap place! We could have gone to the other restaurant across the road for better food at slightly lower price. Please remind me not to go back there.

No comments: